Step 2

Visa Request

Do you need a visa to study in France ?

Click here to find out !

Visas (for non-European citizens only)

Non-European nationals (from outside the European Economic Area nationals = EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway & Switzerland) must obtain a student visa to enter and study in France. Here is a helpful guide to applying for your visa:


For students living in the following countries:

Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ivory Coast, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Republic of the Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, United States and Vietnam

What to do :

  • Create your account on the Pastel platform : VISA APPLICATION – CAMPUS FRANCE
  • Receive your login and password
  • Log in again on the same site and begin the application as Admitted Candidate (follow this video tutorial)
  • Exchange students : select your home university
  • Degree-Seeking students : select NEOMA BS + the programme chosen
  • Pass the interview (if not exempted, as most exchange students)
  • Organize the payment of the fees – Get your Campus France attestation and prepare the paper file for the French Consulate

Classic Visa Procedure

For students living in all other countries.

What to do :

Please see your local French Consulate or French Embassy for information on the exact visa requirements and procedure to follow to obtain your visa to study in France. In some countries you have to deposit your file in agencies like TLS or VFS – this is indicated on each individual French Consulate website.

Documents needed from NEOMA BS

Admission Letter – Admission letters will be sent to your home university’s International Office (for exchange students) or to your home address (for degree-seeking students).

Housing Certificate – This document is required by the French Consulate, in the late stages of the visa request procedure. We send you a provisional certificate along with the Admission Letter, to allow you to proceed with the visa request before your housing arrangements have been finalized.

NEOMA BS requires non-European students to have one of the following documents to be able to study with us: 


Short-stay visas  Visa C – Visa Schengen 
  Visa C « Etudiant concours » 
Long-stay visas  Visa D – Long séjour temporaire « Dispense temporaire de carte de séjour » 
  Visa D – R311-3 6° « Etudiant » 
  Visa D – R311-3 6° « Etudiant » mention « Mobilité étudiant » 
  Visa D « Mineur scolarisé » 
Residence Permit  French Residence Permit (titre de séjour) 

Visa Renewal

This section is for new international students at NEOMA BS who:are living in France at the time of your admission,or arrived in France through a “visa-concours”.

The renewal of your visa or residence authorization must be done 2 to 3 months before the expiration of your current document.

To begin the renewal procedure, please contact:

If you contact us less than 2 months before the expiration of your visa or residence permit, you will have to return to your home country and apply for a new visa.

Your passport must be valid for the entire length of your stay with us, or at least the 1st year of your studies.

Complementary information can be found at:

Visas at a Glance

Have a look at what your visa really says

Visas at a glance

Follow our Step-by-Step guide